This position will work full time doing maintenance of Tribal Government properties including grounds keeping and rental properties (other than tribally owned housing properties). Primary responsibilities and job functions are included in Job Description which is available in Human Resources upon request.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine, preventative, and extraordinary maintenance, which may include service and repair, as directed by the Lead Maintenance Worker for Tribal Governmental properties.
- Maintain Tribal property grounds which may include mowing, weed wacking, brush cutting, insecticide and weed spraying, disposal of all lawn clippings.
- Assist the Lead Maintenance Worker in the task of ensuring professional and timely completion of maintenance tasks as assigned or requested by Tribal.
- Obtain estimates and schedule contractors for major repair work.
- Periodic washing of windows (inside and outside) at Tribal Government buildings.
- Provide assistance in moving furniture and/or heavy equipment as needed.
- Periodic check of lights and light bulb replacement.
- Periodic check of roof, gutters and downspouts, including cleaning the same.
- Assist with cutting, splitting, stacking, and distribution of firewood for the Tribal elders and members as needed.
- Periodic collection and disposal of trash and garbage.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Exposed to dust and chemicals.
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420