This position is based in Coos Bay and serves customers in Coos, Curry, Douglas and Lane Counties for Blue Earth Services & Technology, LLC. (BEST)
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and maintains telephone and/or low-voltage systems for BEST customers under the direction of the Supervisor and/or the Foreman
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, and continuing education requirements
- Maintains BEST service vehicle in good working order
- Maintains BEST inventories of equipment and supplies
- Maintains appearance standards as outlined in BEST policies
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members, customers, other BEST employees and the general public in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintains an excellent attendance record
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment entails extensive travel between job sites and varying on-site conditions.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Requires crawling under buildings and in attic crawlspaces.
- Requires the ability to climb up and down ladders.
- Requires the ability to carry at least 50lbs. The ability to use basic hand tools.
- Requires independent decision making skills supported by excellent analytical skills and professional judgment.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Follows the direction of the Operations Manager ,Supervisor and/or the Foreman for installing and/or maintaining telephone and/or low-voltage systems
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible occasional evening and weekend work.
Blue Earth Services & Technology
2110 Newmark Street
Coos Bay, OR 97420