The Healing of the Canoe Program Assistant will assist the Healing of the Canoe Program Facilitator with implementation of the Healing of the Canoe curriculum. The Healing of the Canoe Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the planning and undertaking of the outreach and field activities associated with the Healing of the Canoe program.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings related to the Healing of the Canoe program.
- Assist with coordination of Healing of the Canoe program training.
- Coordinate surveying and data collection related to Healing of the Canoe program and participants.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on program participants.
- Refer program participants to Tribal services as needed.
- Recruit youth and families for the Healing of the Canoe program.
- Assist with facilitation of Healing of the Canoe program events that may be held in the evening or on weekends.
- Assist with adaptation of the Healing of the Canoe curriculum to best fit the Confederated Tribes of the Coos, Lower Umpqua and Siuslaw Indians.
- Maintain contact with identified mentors on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with across all Tribal government departments related to the implementation of the Healing of the Canoe curriculum.
- Maintain open communication with other Tribal and non-Tribal agencies in the best interest of the Healing of the Canoe project, the participants, community, and other stakeholders.
- Provide monthly reports to the Planning Director.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Will require working occasional weekends and/or after hours.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.