Responsible for providing chair side assistance and authorized clinical duties to the Dentist, Dental Hygienist and/or Dental Health Aide Therapist in the Tribal Dental Clinic.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Chair side assisting includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Collecting and recording patient health histories.
- Patient management during dental procedures.
- Instrument transfer.
- Dental procedure isolation techniques, i.e., placing rubber dams.
- Preparation of dental materials, i.e., cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
- Dental charting.
- Prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
- Inventory control and management.
- Taking and developing dental radiographs.
- Assist Dental Clinic Hygienist as needed.
- Assist front office Dental Clinic staff as needed.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Provide excellent customer service to Dental Clinic clients and vendors.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally 4 days per week 7am-5:30, variable days.
Tribal Dental Clinic
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420