Responsible for focusing on the control and prevention of patient dental disease.
Providing inspection of patient mouth and removal of deposits and stains from teeth.
Obtaining and processing patient dental radiographs. Providing counsel in dental health
care and working as an integral member of the dental health team.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide dental hygiene care for Tribal Dental Clinic patients, which includes but is not limited to: examination of mouth, teeth and gums, review of medical history, taking and processing of radiographs, removal of hard and soft deposits through scaling and root planning, and providing preventative services for caries (tooth decay), i.e., fluoride treatment and dental sealants.
- Recognition of various signs of gum diseases, dental problems and process and stages of periodontal disease.
- Provide education to patients on the condition of their mouths and options for improving and maintaining their oral health.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate dental prevention programs and activities.
- Organize treatment time efficiently for each patient and work cooperatively with Dental and Health Department staff.
- Maintain and order dental hygiene supplies and equipment.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and vendors of the CTCLUSI Dental Clinic.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- 40 hours per week.
- Variable days Monday through Friday 7am to 5:30pm.
Tribal Dental Clinic
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420