This position is primarily responsible for conducting internal and compliance audits of the Three Rivers Casino Resort Florence and Coos Bay for the Gaming Commission as assigned by the Manager of Internal Audit. This position also provides redundancy within the Gaming Commissions Audit Unit and will cover the duties of the Manager of Internal Audit as needed in their absence.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must maintain confidentiality over all Casino, Surveillance Department, Tribal Gaming Commission, and Tribal matters.
- Act in accordance with Confederated Tribal Gaming Commission (CTGC) and Tribal Employee Handbook, personnel policies, operating procedures, minimum internal control standards and regulations.
- Must learn, comprehend, and maintain a working knowledge of Gaming Commission Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS), Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS), NIGC MICS, State MICS and TRCR operations Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Manager of Internal Audit in conducting compliance reviews and internal audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with Compact, CTGC Regulations, CTGC TICS, State and NICG MICS, and TRCR Policies and Procedures as assigned.
- Obtain an understanding of the potential audit issues by reviewing budget, financial or program documentation, interviewing staff, reviewing Tribal Gaming Ordinance, CTGC Regulation, CTGC TICS, State and NIGS MICS, and TRCR Policies and Procedures.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Internal Audit; develop, update and implement as needed, audit checklists and internal audits needed for completing all daily, monthly, quarterly, biannual and yearly audits as required in the Audit Plan.
- Work with OSP detective and auditor to coordinate State participation of all audits required by Compact.
- Prepare written reports to document audit work and support the basis for audit findings and recommendations.
- Provide all written reports to the Audit Unit Manager for review and approval.
- Discuss deficiencies, recommend corrective actions and suggestions for improvements to internal controls with the Manager of Internal Audit and as needed to TRCR management.
- Review TRCR management responses for adequacy as directed and plan follow-up audits of any implemented corrective action.
- Coordinate with the HR Title 31 Training Officer on all Title 31 requirements related to the required training of employees.
- Keep current with any new laws regarding Title 31 on the FinCen or Bank Secrecy Act.
- Must develop a knowledge and skill level sufficient to allow completion of all duties performed by the Audit Unit Manager as needed during any absence of that person assigned to that position.
- Help investigate any threats to the integrity of the gaming operation and report them to the Manager of Internal Audit.
- Help identify any potential violation of the Compact, CTGC Regulations, CTGC TICS, State and NIGC MICS; TRCR Policies and Procedures related to all areas of the business.
- Report any potential violations to the Manager of Internal Audit.
- Make suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, to the Manager of Internal Audit.
- Attend mandatory and non-mandatory training, meetings and briefings.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Internal Audit.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must have the ability to express or receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and or fingers.
- Requires walking or moving to accomplish task.
- Requires standing and or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally.
- Occasionally requires stooping with entails the use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Occasionally requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Frequently subject to inside environmental conditions which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Occasionally subject to a smoke filled environment while working on the gaming floor.
- Occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions.
HOURS & JOB LOCATION
- Hours are 40 per week on a flex schedule, generally Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and are subject to change with minimal notice. Schedule may occasionally include nights and weekends.
- This position is primarily located in Florence, Oregon for audit oversight of the TRCR-Florence, but will also require audit work as needed in Coos Bay at the TRCR-Coos Bay.
- Occasionally requires in-state and out-of-state travel.
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Gaming Commission
5647 Highway 126
Florence, OR 97439