Manage the Tribes’ Education program including but not limited to
Education activities and opportunities for Tribal Members as well as
supervision of employees in
the Tribes’ Education Department. Provide information on educational
programs, activities and
opportunities to the Tribal Membership. Work in collaboration with
the Education Committee to
achieve the Tribes’ educational goals and priorities.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate all Tribal education department programs,
activities and budget.
- Assure compliance to all education funding agencies and assure the
proper use of funds for all education related activities.
- Determine, review and update the educational needs of CTCLUSI Members.
- Prepare and recommend department budget, and upon approval,
monitor and provide reports to funding agencies.
- Provide information on programs and activities available to Tribal Members.
- Determine program requirements and eligibility for interested
- Manage and Coordinate the Johnson O’Malley youth activities with
other relevant programs.
- Manage CTCLUSI Higher Education funding program for eligible
- Manage and coordinate the CTCLUSI Summer School and After School
- Manage and coordinate the Tribes’ participation in any Tribal Events.
- Work with the Education Committee and Tribal Council to help
achieve the Tribe’s Educational goals and priorities for Tribal membership.
- Review department policies and procedures annually for needed
revisions and make recommendations to the Education Committee.
- Research and obtain funds from appropriate sources to support
- Develop new education programs/activities as needed.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general
public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Supervise the Education Staff.
- Supervise student employees who are in the Job Mentoring -
Employment Training Program.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or
operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Must be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible
occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
Apply online @
Deadline: Open Until Filled