The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Finance team who will
ensure accurate bi-weekly processing and recording of the Tribes’
payroll, manages and processes employee timecard data and communicates
with employees, as necessary, to ensure timely processing of payroll
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform bi-weekly payroll operations.
- Review Time and Effort reports, enter information into Paylocity
for labor distribution comparing hours between T&E and
timesheets for accuracy.
- Review auditing the submitted timecards before processing to
identify errors or missing records.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Run reports and preparing files for import to the MIP accounting system.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed
accurately and timely.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Process manual checks as needed, prepare check/voucher register
CSV download for positive pay report, upload report to bank.
- Prepare all payroll related journal entries; ensure coding is
correct, enter journal entries into MIP.
- Process employee voluntary contributions in MIP for payment.
- Reconcile Monthly: Workers comp, benefits, deductions, month-end accruals.
- Research and email appropriate audience of PR software issues.
- Cross train for other positions in the Finance department.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general
public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record as outlined in CTCLUSI Handbook.
- Other duties as directed by management.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Not a supervisory position
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- The Payroll Specialist is an Hourly/Non-Exempt Employee. The
Employee is expected to work Monday through Friday during
established business hours, but no more than 40 hours/week.
Overtime, if any, must be pre-approved in writing by direct Supervisor/CFO.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or
operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Must be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Prefer a working knowledge of Paylocity, Laserfiche, and MIP
- Prefer Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible
occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420