Provides Individual and group counseling for CTCLUSI members, family
and other clients approved by CTCLUSI Family Services or by contract
with CTCLUSI. This position will provided treatment and education
services for individuals with Alcohol, Drug or Tobacco abuse,
addiction or in recovery. This position will provide screening and
assessments for referred clients or those seeking assistance. Work
with other CTCLUSI prevention programs.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to
assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes
- Review and evaluate clients' progress in relation to measurable
goals described in treatment and care plans
- Interview clients, review records, and confer with other
professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition
and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific programs
- Conduct assessments, diagnostic services, case management,
treatment planning, referrals and discharge plans
- Conducts client record reviews to ascertain compliance with
Federal, State and Tribal guidelines
- Provides education and counseling to the client’s family in an
effort to bridge support for the client
- Provides client outreach and follow-up services to the tribal
population in matters of substance abuse or other related issues
- Responsible for maintaining client follow-up records, outcome data
and reporting it to the Project Director and Family Services Director.
- Provides client transportation and performs drug screens
- Provides presentation to various community groups to address and
educate the audiences on substance abuse treatment issues
- Provide services to clients staying at Tribal Recovery Houses or
other clean and sober community housing.
- Work with Tribal Court and provide assessments, treatment plans
and treatment services for individuals participating in Wellness Court.
- Assist in prevention activities related to substance use
- Other position-related duties as assigned and required.
- Monitor clients in residential treatment and assist in treatment planning.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Not a supervisory position
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the
employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision
and ability to adjust focus.
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible
occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420